Become a Community Project
Done In A Day (DIAD) provides volunteer support for community projects that can be accomplished in a one-time day, evening or weekend effort.
When nonprofit agencies are limited in achieving their goals because of lack of manpower, this program provides a dedicated group of JLKD volunteers to work on short-term projects. All projects meet a community need in Kane, DuPage, Kendall or Will Counties.
Through DIAD, JLKD also organizes collections, when we ask our membership to donate items at a meeting to organizations in need of specific items.
Past Project Examples
- Salvation Army – After School Program: Assemble snack/treat bags for K-6th graders and give each child a book.
- Mooseheart Child City & School – Storybook Olympic: Organized a morning of literacy activities for elementary students.
- Whole Foods – Community Donation Drive: Organized a collection of winter wear and gently used/new books.
- Smart Steps – Thanksgiving Baskets: Assemble food baskets and give each child a book.
- Humanitarian Service Project – Birthday Project Wrapping: Wrapped birthday gifts for children in need.
- Mutual Ground Shelter – School Supplies: Donated back-to-school supplies to children in need.
Criteria for Eligibility
- The requesting agency must have a 501(c)3 tax designation or be in the advanced ruling period for obtaining this designation.
- Projects must meet a community need in Kane, DuPage, Kendall or Will Counties and state a clearly defined project goal(s) and objective(s).
- Projects must embrace the spirit of the JLKD mission statement.
- Projects may not involve JLKD volunteers in any fundraising, medical research, political or religious matters.
- Agencies agree to coordinate all public relations efforts involving a DIAD project with JLKD’s PR/Marketing Chair. All promotional materials should be approved by both the agency and JLKD prior to release to the media.
- The agency agrees to give JLKD appropriate sponsor credit by use of our name and logo on advertising, flyers, brochures, etc. that are created by the agency to advertise the event or project.
DIAD requests must be submitted a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to the event by emailing email@example.com.
- Each request will be reviewed by the DIAD Committee to ensure that it meets all criteria listed above.
- The Chair of the DIAD Committee will notify the requesting agency regarding what assistance can be provided within fourteen (14) days of the request.
- Limited funding will be granted according to the individual need of each agency at the discretion of the DIAD Committee.